This quick and easy project is perfect for both the beginner Cricut user and anyone new to sewing. It can be used to hold your lip balm or even your Essential Oils roll-on. Use it as a keyring, bag charm, or any way that suits you. Gather the supplies and materials listed below and get ready to make something cute!
- Faux leather (3″ x 11″)
- Thread to match your faux leather
- Sewing/ quilting clips
- Key ring, key fob, D-ring, or other hardware
- Sewing machine
- Cricut machine and/or scissors
- Cricut standard grip mat
- Upload your pattern into Cricut Design Space or print and cut it out of paper or card stock.
- Your pattern should be sized to about 2″ x 10″.
- Once sized, send it to your machine to cut.
- Place your faux leather face down on your mat, load into your machine, select “faux leather” from the custom materials, and cut. (If using a Cricut Explore family machine set your dial to “Custom Material”.)
- Slide your key ring onto the holder and fold in half, matching rounded bottom edges. Secure with clips.
- Sew around the outer edge, using a scant 1/8″- 1/4″ straight seam.
- Trim your thread, add any other embellishments you would like, and you are done!